This audit provides actionable tips and takeaways to:
- Grow awareness for your cause
- Build trust with your website visitors
- Increase your donations and volunteer applications
Website Review Summary
More Info: Growing Your Online Authority
Visit Nonprofit: CCLA
About Canadian Civil Liberties Association
What: Works to defend the rights, dignity, safety, and freedoms of all peoples in Canada.
Why: Everyone should be treated equally AND the legal system should work for the people, not against them.
- Litigation – partnering with top law firms and intervening / acting on relevant court cases (and monitoring of cases)
- Civic Engagement & Mobilization – supporting media on civil liberties issues, represent issues via submissions on behalf of the public
- Research – into key issues
- Education – provides publish programming to educate people in Canada on their rights and freedoms
- Primary: Continue to reach more people through awareness via the CCLA website
- Optimize for Search Results so people can find you through search engines (organically)
- Branded vs Non-branded Optimization
- Provide relevant educational information
- Utilize Adwords – Ensure you are ranking for Branded terms and high-value Non-Branded terms.
- Improve + Optimize Content to help you rank for more non-brand search terms. (keyword rank list)
- Build More Educational Content and use it to 1) help specific segments navigate your site, and 2) provide relevant and timely follow-up content via email and retargeting.
- Expand your issue pages to help your site visitors find the information they need (Issues)
- Integrate Trust Builders into your most important pages.
- Project success metrics
- Support from other organizations
- Case studies
Encouraging Visitors to Take Action
- Clarify Communication on the value exchange that takes place between you and donors.
- What is included in a membership?
- Where does my money go when I donate?
- Clarify Homepage CTA to make sure your mission is conveyed.