This audit provides actionable tips and takeaways to:
- Grow awareness for your cause
- Build trust with your website visitors
- Increase your donations and volunteer applications
Website Review Summary
More Info: Growing Your Online Authority
Visit Nonprofit: EnCiv
What: Supporting and enabling fair communication to support better democracy.
Why: We need clear and thoughtful communication to be able to work together for a common goal.
How: Online tools for constructive cross-partisan communication
- Undebates – Helps voters hear directly from candidates
- Untownhalls – Helps community members ask and get answers to their questions
- Top priorities for growth: Grow visibility and site visits
- Grow Awareness
- Grow Platform Participants
Engage 1k representatives by the end of 2021
How do we raise awareness for our program so we can grow support?
- Utilize Adwords – Ensure you are ranking for Branded terms and high-value Non-Branded terms.
- Optimize Site – Help search engines and people searching find your website faster and easier.
- Utilize Content Better – Example: “What is Democracy” – Leverage your crowdsourced content with a better framework.
- Provide a copy to support videos.
- Ensure you have proper schema markup.
How do we build trust for our programs so we can increase support?
- Build More Educational Content and use it to 1) help specific segments navigate your site, and 2) provide relevant and timely follow-up content via email and retargeting.
- Take a Problem > Solution approach to provide information to your community.
Encouraging Visitors to Take Action
How do we get our potential supporters to take action: volunteer or donate?
- Donation Transparency – Provide more information about how donations support your programs and the community.
- Native Donations – Accept donations natively through your site.
- Start with “Subscribe” – Build a community of supporters who believe in what you do, so you can call on them when you’re ready.