This audit provides actionable tips and takeaways to:
- Grow awareness for your cause
- Build trust with your website visitors
- Increase your donations and volunteer applications
Website Review Summary
More Info: Growing Your Online Authority
Visit Nonprofit: The COC Cares
About The COC Cares
What: Helps cancer patients who are actively in treatment with emotional and financial support.
Why: People go through enormous emotional and financial hardship on top of the difficulty of treatment.
- Financial Support – paying to prevent eviction, utility disconnect, vehicle repossession, extra childcare expenses, travel accommodations for treatment, treatment copays and more to support patients in the toughest battle of their life.
- Raise awareness for services and increase support (primarily through donations)
- Optimize for Search Results so people can find you through search engines (organically)
- Branded vs Non-branded Optimization
- Provide relevant educational information
- Utilize Adwords – Ensure you are ranking for Branded terms and high-value Non-Branded terms.
- Improve + Optimize Content to help you rank for more non-brand search terms.
- Build More Educational Content and use it to 1) help specific segments navigate your site, and 2) provide relevant and timely follow-up content via email and retargeting.
- Expand your informational content to help your site visitors find the information they need
- Further Improve Trust Builders – Text testimonials are great. Videos would be even more powerful!
- Updated “News”
- Project success metrics
- Support from other organizations
- Case studies
Encouraging Visitors to Take Action
- Clarify Communication on the value exchange that takes place between you and donors.
- What is the recommended donation amount?
- Where does my money go when I donate?
- Sponsor a cancer patient?
- Clarify Homepage CTA to make sure your mission is conveyed.