This audit provides actionable tips and takeaways to:
- Grow awareness for your cause
- Build trust with your website visitors
- Increase your donations and volunteer applications
Website Review Summary
More Info: Growing Your Online Authority
Visit Nonprofit: As You Sow
About As You Sow
What: Shareholder Advocacy – harness shareholder power to create lasting change that benefits people, the planet, and profit.
Why: Corporations are responsible for most of the pressing social and environmental problems we face today; corporations must take responsibility and take part in the solutions.
How: Collaboration and Education:
- Collaboration – work directly with executives to develop policies and practices that reduce risk, benefit brand reputation, and increase the bottom line, while bringing about positive environmental and social change.
- Education – educating investors about how they can have a positive impact through their investments.
- Top priorities for growth:
How do we raise awareness for our program so we can grow support?
- Optimize – Optimize your most important pages.
- Refine Paid Search – The best data available suggests you are spending the majority of your budget on broad terms.
- Keywords – You can get more traction for your spend by focusing on more targeted terms that are closely related to your target audience’s searches.
- Landing Pages – Improved formatting on your landing pages will help you communicate better with your site visitors and increase engagement.
How do we build trust for our programs so we can increase support?
- Become A Topic Authority – Clarify your focus and the needs of your supporters. Provide a very clear, thorough, and easily navigated information exchange for them.
Encouraging Visitors to Take Action
How do we get our potential supporters to take action: volunteer or donate?
- Improve CTAs – Match the right CTA with the right content.
- You have too many or not enough CTAs across your content… which is confusing.
- Example: 3 CTAs, no clear next step.