This audit provides actionable tips and takeaways to:
- Grow awareness for your cause
- Build trust with your website visitors
- Increase your donations and volunteer applications
Website Review Summary
More Info: Growing Your Online Authority
Visit Nonprofit: Sierra Institute
About Sierra Institute
What: Promotes healthy and sustainable forests and watersheds by investing in the well-being of rural communities and strengthening their participation in natural resource decision-making and programs.
Why: The health of our ecosystems is directly tied to the health of our communities and our well being.
How: Community Support
- Supporting Healthy Forests & Watersheds
- Building Vibrant Communities
- Developing Young Stewards
- Top priorities for growth:
- Raise Awareness
- Raise Funds via Donations
- Optimize for Search Results so people can find you through search engines (organically)
- Branded vs Non-branded Optimization
- Provide relevant educational information
- Utilize Adwords – Ensure you are ranking for Branded terms and high-value Non-Branded terms.
- Improve + Optimize Content to help you rank for more non-brand search terms.
- Build More Educational Content and use it to 1) help specific segments navigate your site, and 2) provide relevant and timely follow-up content via email and retargeting.
- Expand your informational content to help your site visitors find the information they need
- Improve Trust Builders
- Project success metrics
- Support from other organizations
- Case studies
Encouraging Visitors to Take Action
- Clarify Communication on the value exchange that takes place between you and donors.
- What is the recommended donation amount?
- Where does my money go when I donate?
- Utilize Video to make a better connection with potential donors.
- Make it Clear that you are a 501c3 nonprofit organization.