This audit provides actionable tips and takeaways to:
- Grow awareness for your cause
- Build trust with your website visitors
- Increase your donations and volunteer applications
Website Review Summary
More Info: Growing Your Online Authority
Visit Nonprofit: Free Geek
About Free Geek
What: Reuse technology sustainably, provide digital access to all, and spread education through the use of and access to computers.
Why: Reduce e-waste and increase access to educational tools.
- Accept Donations of electronics (mostly computers)
- Refurbish Elections as needed to give them a new life
- Provide Access to electronic resources for those who can not access them otherwise
- Grow partnerships with corporations to increase electronics donations.
- Optimize for Search Results so people can find you through search engines (organically)
- Branded vs Non-branded Optimization
- Provide relevant educational information
- Unlock Google AdGrant – Access up to $10k every month of AdWords budget to help reach people in and around your community.
- Integrate Trust Builders into your most important pages [Get Involved, Donate]. (Then make sure you have a clear and simple CTA for a logical and easy next step)
- Corporate Partners
- Project success metrics
- Support from other organizations
- Testimonials (where relevant)
- Build An Authority Foundation + Segment Flow and use it to 1) help specific segments navigate your site, and 2) provide relevant and timely follow-up content via email and retargeting.
More Info: What is an Authority Foundation?
Encouraging Visitors to Take Action
- Clarify CTA for corporate partners: “Apply Now”
- Re-engage Interested Visitors via remarketing through email, with FB pixel, and Adwords pixel.